Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, June 09, 2011

Thought for the Day - The 90 % Difference

"I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. We are in charge of our attitudes."

-- Unknown


I remember the 1st time I applied this in a rather dramatic way, I was standing with a friend across from the Bronx Zoo looking at my car that was almost totaled after being crashed into by a drunk driver. I was hurting from whiplash and I remember laughing out loud and saying "Well, no more car payments." I was glad to be alive and instead of feeling like woe is me I saw the positive. That belief has served me over and over since as I have encountered obstacles and challenges in my life. I can't control most of life and what happens to me at times but I can always control my attitude and response. I choose never to be a victim but to find or create an empowering meaning and suggest you do the same....

John Duffy

1 comment:

cheap essays said...

I am quite terrified hear you that about your car,as a whole i find this article nice by the way.